Jelly Cookies Recipe
Preparation Time 10 Minutes
Cooking Time 15 Minutes
Serves 36, 21 cal per serving
• 4 cup All-purpose flour
• 1 cup Butter (2 sticks)
• 2 Eggs
• 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
• 2½ cup Jelly (such as seedless raspberry or cherry)
How to make Jelly Cookies:
• Combine flour, butter, eggs and sugar; beat until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Roll out chilled dough on a lightly floured surface, until about 1/4-inch thick.
• Cut with a round cookie cutter; transfer cookies to an ungreased cookie sheet.
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
• When cool, spread jelly between 2 cookies to make a sandwich.
• Coat each cookie with powdered sugar.
• Cookies taste better after a few days, because the jelly absorbs into the cookie and makes them softer.